1 January 2005
- Bert R. Boyce:
In this issue.
- Frank Havemann, Michael Heinz, Roland Wagner-Döbler:
Firm-like behavior of journals? Scaling properties of their output and impact growth dynamics.
- Sanna Talja:
The social and discursive construction of computing skills.
- Lisl Zach:
When is enough enough? Modeling the information-seeking and stopping behavior of senior arts administrators.
- Michael J. Kurtz, Günther Eichhorn, Alberto Accomazzi, Carolyn Stern-Grant, Markus Demleitner, Stephen S. Murray:
Worldwide use and impact of the NASA Astrophysics Data System digital library.
- Frederico T. Fonseca, James E. Martin:
Toward an alternative notion of information systems ontologies: Information engineering as a hermeneutic enterprise.
- Tove Faber Frandsen, Ronald Rousseau:
Article impact calculated over arbitrary periods.
- Sándor Dominich, Adrienn Skrop:
PageRank and Interaction Information Retrieval.
- Sherry Y. Chen, George D. Magoulas, Dionisios Dimakopoulos:
A flexible interface design for Web directories to accommodate different cognitive styles.
- Yasar Tonta, Yurdagül Ünal:
Scatter of journals and literature obsolescence reflected in document delivery requests.
- Liwen Vaughan, Trudi Bellardo Hahn:
Profile, needs, and expectations of information professionals: What we learned from the 2003 ASIST membership survey.
- Robert M. Losee, Lewis Church Jr.:
Are two document clusters better than one? The Cluster Performance Question for information retrieval.
15 January 2005
- Bert R. Boyce:
In this issue.
- Michael J. Kurtz, Günther Eichhorn, Alberto Accomazzi, Carolyn Stern-Grant, Markus Demleitner, Stephen S. Murray, Nathalie Martimbeau, Barbara Elwell:
The bibliometric properties of article readership information.
- Wai Lam, Ki Chan, Dragomir R. Radev, Horacio Saggion, Simone Teufel:
Context-based generic cross-lingual retrieval of documents and automated summaries.
- Vetle I. Torvik, Marc Weeber, Don R. Swanson, Neil R. Smalheiser:
A probabilistic similarity metric for Medline records: A model for author name disambiguation.
- Bracha Shapira, Yuval Elovici, Adlay Meshiach, Tsvi Kuflik:
PRAW - A PRivAcy model for the Web.
- Said Mirza Pahlevi, Hiroyuki Kitagawa:
Conveying taxonomy context for topic-focused Web search.
- Stephen J. Bensman:
Urquhart and probability: The transition from librarianship to library and information science.
- Angela Heath:
Information representation and retrieval in the digital age.
1 February 2005 Intelligence and Security Informatics
- Hsinchun Chen:
Introduction to the special topic issue: Intelligence and security informatics.
- Lee S. Strickland, Laura E. Hunt:
Technology, security, and individual privacy: New tools, new threats, and new public perceptions.
- Paul Jen-Hwa Hu, Chienting Lin, Hsinchun Chen:
User acceptance of Intelligence and Security Informatics technology: A study of COPLINK.
- E. Dale Thompson, Michelle L. Kaarst-Brown:
Sensitive information: A review and research agenda.
- Tianhao Wu, William M. Pottenger:
A semi-supervised active learning algorithm for information extraction from textual data.
- Kar Wing Li, Christopher C. Yang:
Automatic crosslingual thesaurus generated from the Hong Kong SAR Police Department Web corpus for crime analysis.
- Peng Liu, Amit Chetal:
Trust-based secure information sharing between federal government agencies.
- Steven R. Haynes, Thomas George Kannampallil, Lawrence L. Larson, Nitesh Garg:
Optimizing anti-terrorism resource allocation.
- T. S. Raghu, Ram Ramesh, Andrew B. Whinston:
Addressing the homeland security problem: A collaborative decision-making framework.
15 February 2005
March 2005 Introduction
- David A. Fenstermacher:
Introduction to bioinformatics.
- W. John MacMullen, Sheila O. Denn:
Information problems in molecular biology and bioinformatics.
- Gondy Leroy, Hsinchun Chen:
Genescene: An ontology-enhanced integration of linguistic and co-occurrence based relations in biomedical texts.
- Joan C. Bartlett, Elaine G. Toms:
Developing a protocol for bioinformatics analysis: An integrated information behavior and task analysis approach.
- Luca Toldo, Friedrich Rippmann:
Integrated bioinformatics application for automated target discovery.
- Andrés Rodríguez, José María Carazo, Oswaldo Trelles-Salazar:
Mining association rules from biological databases.
- Chun-Nan Hsu, Chia-Hui Chang, Chang-Huain Hsieh, Jiann-Jyh Lu, Chien-Chi Chang:
Reconfigurable Web wrapper agents for biological information integration.
- Peter J. Artymiuk, Ruth V. Spriggs, Peter Willett:
Graph theoretic methods for the analysis of structural relationships in biological macromolecules.
- Bradley M. Hemminger, Trish Losi, Anne Bauers:
Survey of bioinformatics programs in the United States.
- Barbara A. Rapp, David L. Wheeler:
Bioinformatics resources from the National Center for Biotechnology Information: An integrated foundation for discovery.
- Carol A. Bean, Milton Corn:
Extramural funding opportunities in bioinformatics from the National Library of Medicine.
April 2005 Introduction
- Bernard J. Jansen, Amanda Spink, Jan O. Pedersen:
A temporal comparison of AltaVista Web searching.
- Dragomir R. Radev, Weiguo Fan, Hong Qi, Harris Wu, Amardeep Grewal:
Probabilistic question answering on the Web.
- Franca Debole, Fabrizio Sebastiani:
An analysis of the relative hardness of Reuters-21578 subsets.
- Chris H. Q. Ding:
A probabilistic model for Latent Semantic Indexing.
- Mike Thelwall:
Text characteristics of English language university Web sites.
- John H. Heinrichs, Jeen-Su Lim:
Model for organizational knowledge creation and strategic use of information.
- Ronald E. Day:
Clearing up implicit knowledge: Implications for Knowledge Management, information science, psychology, and social epistemology.
- Christine L. Borgman, Laura J. Smart, Kelli A. Millwood, Jason R. Finley, Leslie Champeny, Anne J. Gilliland-Swetland, Gregory H. Leazer:
Comparing faculty information seeking in teaching and research: Implications for the design of digital libraries.
May 2005 Introduction
- Leo Egghe:
Relations between the continuous and the discrete Lotka power function.
- Leo Egghe:
The power of power laws and an interpretation of Lotkaian informetric systems as self-similar fractals.
- Narongrit Sombatsompop, Teerasak Markpin:
Making an equality of ISI impact factors for different subject fields.
- Charles Cole, John E. Leide, Andrew Large, Jamshid Beheshti, Martin Brooks:
Putting it together online: Information need identification for the domain novice user.
- Carmine Sellitto:
The impact of impermanent Web-located citations: A study of 123 scholarly conference publications.
- Quentin L. Burrell:
Measuring similarity of concentration between different informetric distributions: Two new approaches.
- Jeffrey Pomerantz:
A linguistic analysis of question taxonomies.
- Shan Li, Moon-Chuen Lee, Donald A. Adjeroh:
Effective invariant features for shape-based image retrieval.
- Nigel Ford, David Miller, Nicola Moss:
Web search strategies and human individual differences: Cognitive and demographic factors, Internet attitudes, and approaches.
- Nigel Ford, David Miller, Nicola Moss:
Web search strategies and human individual differences: A combined analysis.
Call for Papers
- Pramod K. Nayar:
Windows and mirrors: Interaction design, digital art, and the myth of transparency.
June 2005 Introduction
- Cristina Faba Pérez, Felipe Zapico-Alonso, Vicente P. Guerrero Bote, Félix de Moya Anegón:
Comparative analysis of webometric measurements in thematic environments.
- Carol Tenopir, Donald W. King, Peter B. Boyce, Matt Grayson, Keri-Lynn Paulson:
Relying on electronic journals: Reading patterns of astronomers.
- Arun Vishwanath:
Impact of personality on technology adoption: An empirical model.
- Nahyun Kwon:
Community networks: Community capital or merely an affordable Internet access tool?
- Sherry Koshman:
Testing user interaction with a prototype visualization-based information retrieval system.
- Snehasis Mukhopadhyay, Shengquan Peng, Rajeev R. Raje, Javed Mostafa, Mathew J. Palakal:
Distributed multi-agent information filtering - A comparative study.
- Hock Chuan Chan, Hock-Hai Teo, Xiaohua Zeng:
An evaluation of novice end-user computing performance: Data modeling, query writing, and comprehension.
- Tibor Braun, Ildikó Dióspatonyi:
Gatekeeping indicators exemplified by the main players in the international gatekeeping orchestration of analytical chemistry journals.
- Helene Hembrooke, Laura A. Granka, Geri Gay, Elizabeth D. Liddy:
The effects of expertise and feedback on search term selection and subsequent learning.
- Shoichi Taniguchi:
Recording evidence in bibliographic records and descriptive metadata.
- Julian Warner:
Information systems and the economics of innovation.
July 2005 Introduction
Letter to the Editor
- Denise E. Agosto:
Information literacy: Essential skills for the information age.
August 2005 Introduction
- Anthony F. Breitzman:
Automated identification of technologically similar organizations.
- Oscar Loureiro, Hava T. Siegelmann:
Introducing an active cluster-based information retrieval paradigm.
- Qian Geng, Charles Townley, Kun Huang, Jing Zhang:
Comparative knowledge management: A pilot study of Chinese and American universities.
- Liming Liang:
R-sequences: Relative indicators for the rhythm of science.
- Katriina Byström, Preben Hansen:
Conceptual framework for tasks in information studies.
- Margaret A. Chaplan, Edward J. Hertenstein:
Role-related library use by local union officials.
- Liwen Vaughan, Debora Shaw:
Web citation data for impact assessment: A comparison of four science disciplines.
- Henk F. Moed:
Statistical relationships between downloads and citations at the level of individual documents within a single journal.
- Boryung Ju, Myke Gluck:
User-process model approach to improve user interface usability.
- Ryen W. White, Joemon M. Jose, Ian Ruthven:
Using top-ranking sentences to facilitate effective information access.
September 2005 Introduction
Special Topic Section on Knowledge Management in Asia
- Elizabeth Yakel:
Introduction to reference work in the digital age.
- Dale A. Stirling:
Virtual reference training: The complete guide to providing anytime anywhere answers.
October 2005 Introduction
- Robert B. Allen, Yejun Wu:
Metrics for the scope of a collection.
- Steven A. Morris:
Manifestation of emerging specialties in journal literature: A growth model of papers, references, exemplars, bibliographic coupling, cocitation, and clustering coefficient distribution.
- Nathan E. Brener, S. Sitharama Iyengar, Oleg S. Pianykh:
A conclusive methodology for rating OCR performance.
- Jeffrey Pomerantz:
A conceptual framework and open research questions for chat-based reference service.
- Dania Bilal, Peiling Wang:
Children's conceptual structures of science categories and the design of Web directories.
- Lokman I. Meho, Kristina M. Spurgin:
Ranking the research productivity of library and information science faculty and schools: An evaluation of data sources and research methods.
- Anu MacIntosh-Murray, Chun Wei Choo:
Information behavior in the context of improving patient safety.
- Corinne Jörgensen, Peter Jörgensen:
Image querying by image professionals.
November 2005 Introduction
- James Kalbach:
Understanding information systems: What they do and why we need them.
December 2005 Introduction
- Loet Leydesdorff, Jin Bihui:
Mapping the Chinese Science Citation Database in terms of aggregated journal-journal citation relations.
- Bernard J. Jansen, Michael D. McNeese:
Evaluating the effectiveness of and patterns of interactions with automated searching assistance.
- Suleiman H. Mustafa:
Word-oriented approximate string matching using occurrence heuristic tables: A heuristic for searching Arabic text.
- June M. Abbas:
Out of the mouths of middle school children: I. Developing user-defined controlled vocabularies for subject access in a digital library.
- Nahyun Kwon, Anthony J. Onwuegbuzie:
Modeling the factors affecting individuals' use of community networks: A theoretical explanation of community-based information and communication technology use.
- Charles Cole, John E. Leide, Jamshid Beheshti, Andrew Large, Martin Brooks:
Investigating the Anomalous States of Knowledge hypothesis in a real-life problem situation: A study of history and psychology undergraduates seeking information for a course essay.
Copyright © Mon Nov 2 21:43:17 2009
by Michael Ley (email@example.com)
- Kara Reuter:
Weaving a library Web: A guide to developing children's Websites.
- Jean Graef:
Information strategy in practice.