Papers presented at ISIC 2004:
the 5th Information Seeking in Context Conference,
2004 Keynote address
- Kalervo Järvelin, Peter Ingwersen:
Information seeking research needs extension toward tasks and technology.
- Catherine A. Johnson:
Choosing people: the role of social capital in information seeking behaviour.
- Nils Pharo:
A new model of information behaviour based on the Search Situation Transition schema.
- Raya Fidel, Annelise Mark Pejtersen:
From information behaviour research to the design of information systems: the Cognitive Work Analysis framework.
- T. D. Wilson:
Talking about the problem: a content analysis of pre-search interviews.
- Karen E. Fisher, Elizabeth Betty Marcoux, Lupine S. Miller, Agueda Sánchez, Eva Ramirez Cunningham:
Information behaviour of migrant Hispanic farm workers and their families in the Pacific Northwest.
- Kimmo Tuominen:
'Whoever increases his knowledge merely increases his heartache.' Moral tensions in heart surgery patients' and their spouses' talk about information seeking.
- Elizabeth Yakel:
Seeking information, seeking connections, seeking meaning: genealogists and family historians.
- Gillian Kerins, Ronan Madden, Crystal Fulton:
Information seeking and students studying for professional careers: the cases of engineering and law students in Ireland.
- Elisabeth Davies, Pamela J. McKenzie:
Preparing for opening night: temporal boundary objects in textually-mediated professional practice.
- Lynda M. Baker:
The information needs of female Police Officers involved in undercover prostitution work.
- Sanna Talja, Reijo Savolainen, Hanni Maula:
Field differences in the use and perceived usefulness of scholarly mailing lists.
- Reijo Savolainen:
Enthusiastic, realistic and critical: discourses of Internet use in the context of everyday life information seeking.
- Harry Bruce, William P. Jones, Susan T. Dumais:
Information behaviour that keeps found things found.
- Sanna Törmä, Pertti Vakkari:
Discipline, availability of electronic resources and the use of Finnish National Electronic Library - FinELib.
- Summaries of the Research Notes presented at ISIC 2004.
- Contribute ideas and links to relevant resources on the Weblog.
- What's in the open access e-journals?
Copyright © Mon Nov 2 21:41:28 2009
by Michael Ley (email@example.com)
- ALISE 2005 Annual Conference. Boundary Crossings: LIS Education in a Global Context.
- A message to Conference organizers.