January 2000 Formal discussion summaries
Special issue articles
- Wendy Lowe:
Transactional distance theory as a foundation for developing innovative and reactive instruction.
- Jill Jameson:
Student Hypermedia Composition.
Short papers and personal experiences
- Denise Kirkpatrick, Robert McLaughlan:
Flexible Lifelong Learning in Professional Education.
- Ashok Patel, Kinshuk, David Russell:
Intelligent Tutoring Tools for Cognitive Skill Acquisition in Life Long Learning.
- Janet Strivens, Simon Grant:
Integrated Web-based support for learning employability skills.
- Paola Forcheri, Maria Teresa Molfino, Alfonso Quarati:
ICT Driven Individual Learning: New Opportunities and Perspectives.
- Frank Linton, Deborah Joy, Hans-Peter Schaefer, Andrew Charron:
OWL: A Recommender System for Organization-Wide Learning.
- Alan P. Maddocks, Willy D. Sher, Andrew Wilson:
A Web-based personal and professional development tool to promote life-long learning within the construction industry.
Full length articles
- Padma G. Anand, Adi Zaimi:
Computer-managed Instruction: Evaluation of Alternate Methods of Technology Integration in Higher Education.
- Gene E. Fusch:
Breaking Down Perceived Barriers to Lifelong Learning.
- Brent Muirhead:
Interactivity in a Graduate Distance Education School.
- Richard Malinski:
Teaching for flexible learning: Learning to apply the technology (MOLTA).
April 2000 Formal discussion summaries
Full length articles
- Ashley D. Lloyd:
Pedagogy vs. Competition in Higher Education Distance Learning.
- Vladan Devedzic, John K. Debenham, Dusan Popovic:
Teaching Formal Languages by an Intelligent Tutoring System.
- Maureen Tam:
Constructivism, Instructional Design, and Technology: Implications for Transforming Distance Learning.
- Maria Virvou, Maria Moundridou:
A Web-Based Authoring Tool for Algebra-Related Intelligent Tutoring Systems.
- Dorothy Fuller, Rena Faye Norby, Kristi Pearce, Sharon Strand:
Internet Teaching By Style: Profiling the On-line Professor.
- Ann Heylighen, Herman Neuckermans:
DYNAMO: A Dynamic Architectural Memory On-line.
- Alison A. Carr-Chellman, Dean Dyer:
The Pain and Ecstasy: Pre-service Teacher Perceptions On Changing Teacher Roles and Technology.
- Jackie Halliday:
Instructional Technology for Teaching and Learning: Designing Instruction, Integrating Computers, and Using media.
- Som Naidu:
Collaboration: How to Find, Design and Implement Collaborative Internet Projects.
- Dirk Morrison:
Distance Training: How Innovative Organizations are using Technology to Maximize Learning and Meet Business Objectives.
Russian Section Formal discussion summary
July 2000 Formal discussion summaries
Special issue articles Theme:
On-line Collaborative Learning Environments
- Ruddy Lelouche, Magali Seguran:
Can abstraction be used as a unifying guideline to design intelligent educational systems?
- Ania Lian:
Knowledge transfer and technology in education: toward a complete learning environment.
- Leslie Henrickson:
Communications Technology and Personal Identity Formation.
- Mario Barajas, Martin Owen:
Implementing Virtual Learning Environments: Looking for Holistic Approach.
- Roger Hartley:
Introduction - On-line Collaborative Learning Environments.
The Pedagogies of Collaborative Learning
- Liwana S. Bringelson, Tom Carey:
Different (Key)strokes for Different Folks: Designing online venues for professional communities.
- Carlos José M. Olguín, Armando Luiz N. Delgado, Ivan Luiz Marques Ricarte:
An Agent Infrastructure to set Collaborative Environments.
- Philip L. Isenhour, John M. Carroll, Dennis C. Neale, Mary Beth Rosson, Dan Dunlap:
The Virtual School: An integrated collaborative environment for the classroom.
- Reinhard Kreutz, Sven Kiesow, Klaus Spitzer:
NetChat: Communication and Collaboration via WWW.
- Rafi Nachmias, David Mioduser, Avigail Oren, Judith Ram:
Web-Supported Emergent-Collaboration In Higher Education Courses.
- Cleo Sgouropoulou, Anastasios Koutoumanos, Peter Goodyear, Emmanuel Skordalakis:
Acquiring Working Knowledge through Asynchronous Multimedia Conferencing.
- Michael W. Freeman, Lawrence W. Grimes, J. Ray Holliday:
Increasing Access to Learning With Hybrid Audio-Data Collaboration.
- Sabine Seufert:
The NetAcademy as a Medium for Learning Communities.
- Beatrix Zimmermann, Michael E. Atwood, Sabina Webb, Michael Kantor:
The Knowledge Depot: Building and Evaluating a Knowledge Management System.
Building Learning Communities
Teacher Education and Staff Development
- Johanna E. Cena:
Bridging Gaps Between Cultures, Classrooms and Schools.
- Cathy L. Crossland, Larry K. Monteith, Thomas K. Miller, Lynne B. Brock, Roel Cuejilo, Mary Anne Wheeler, Rebecca Viersen, Laura Zielinski:
The FORESEE Project: Connecting Communities to Create Competence.
- Susan N. Friel:
MaSTech: An on-line community to support preservice and new teachers of middle grades mathematics and science.
- James Milton, Anastasia Garbi:
VIRLAN: Collaborative Foreign Language Learning on the Internet for Primary Age Children: Problems and a Solution.
- Esther J. Dunbar, Susan Linklater, David Oakey:
The Mystery Project: Bridging the Gap On-line.
- Victoria Hay, Dennis Isbell:
Parallel On-Line and In-Class Sections of "Writing for the Professions": A Practical Experiment.
- Stefano Renzi, Jane E. Klobas:
Steps toward computer-supported collaborative learning for large classes.
- Vanessa Paz Dennen:
Task Structuring for On-line Problem Based Learning: A Case Study.
- Anne Hoag, Thomas F. Baldwin:
Using Case Method and Experts in Inter-University Electronic Learning Teams.
- Rachel M. Pilkington, Catherine L. Bennett, Sarah Vaughan:
An Evaluation of Computer Mediated Communication to Support Group Discussion in Continuing Education.
- Karen Ragoonaden, Pierre Bordeleau:
Collaborative Learning via the Internet.
- Pete Thomas, Linda Carswell:
Learning through Collaboration in a Distributed Education Environment.
Full length article(s)
- Cushla Kapitzke:
The sociality and spatiality of online pedagogy and collaborative learning in an educational media and technologies course.
- Daniel R. Dunlap, Dennis C. Neale, John M. Carroll:
Teacher Collaboration in a Networked Community.
- Christine Spratt, Stuart Palmer, Jo Coldwell:
Using technologies in teaching: an initiative in academic staff development.
- J. Scott Payne, Nils S. Peterson:
The Civil War project: project-based collaborative learning in a virtual space.
- Kara M. Dawson, Cheryl L. Mason, Philip Molebash:
Results of a telecollaborative activity involving geographically disparate preservice teachers.
- Kath Fisher, Renata Phelps, Allan Ellis:
Group Processes Online: Teaching collaboration through collaborative processes.
- Brian Ferry, Julie Kiggins, Garry Hoban, Lori Lockyer:
Using computer-mediated communication to form a knowledge-building community with beginning teachers.
- Roy Barton, Michelle Selinger:
The TRICOM Project: an evaluation of the use of communications technology in initial teacher education.
October 2000 Formal discussion summaries
Special issue articles
- Brent Muirhead:
Enhancing Social Interaction in Computer-Mediated Distance Education.
Full length articles
Copyright © Mon Nov 2 21:35:50 2009
by Michael Ley (email@example.com)
- Martin Oliver:
An introduction to the Evaluation of Learning Technology.
- Charles Anderson, Kate Day, Jeff Haywood, Ray Land, Hamish Macleod:
Mapping the Territory: issues in evaluating large-scale learning technology initiatives.
- Josie Taylor, Mark Woodman, Tamara Sumner, Canan Tosunoglu Blake:
Peering Through a Glass Darkly: Integrative evaluation of an on-line course.
- Gordon Joyes:
An evaluation model for supporting higher education lecturers in the integration of new learning technologies.
- Kinshuk, Ashok Patel, David Russell:
A multi-institutional evaluation of Intelligent Tutoring Tools in Numeric Disciplines.
- Malcolm Shaw, Suzanne Corazzi:
Avoiding holes in holistic evaluation.
- Bridget Cooper, Paul Brna:
Classroom Conundrums: The Use of a Participant Design Methodology.
- Eileen Scanlon, Ann C. Jones, Jane Barnard, Julie Thompson, Judith Calder:
Evaluating information and communication technologies for learning.
- Julie Ann Richardson, Anthony Turner:
A Large-scale 'local' evaluation of students' learning experiences using virtual learning environments.
- Charlotte Ash:
Towards a New Cost-Aware Evaluation Framework.
- Jan van der Veen, Wim de Boer, Maarten van de Ven:
W3LS: Evaluation framework for World Wide Web learning.