August 2009 Invited Review
Manufacturing and Logistics
Stochastics and Statistics
- Ardeshir J. Dalal, Moawia Alghalith:
Production decisions under joint price and production uncertainty.
- Sandra Duni Eksioglu:
A primal-dual algorithm for the economic lot-sizing problem with multi-mode replenishment.
- Michael S. Pangburn, Shankar Sundaresan:
Capacity decisions for high-tech products with obsolescence.
- Adela Pagès, Jacek Gondzio, Narcís Nabona:
Warmstarting for interior point methods applied to the long-term power planning problem.
- Chih-Hsiung Wang:
Determining the optimal probing lot size for the wafer probe operation in semiconductor manufacturing.
- Hantao Li, Peter Ritchken, Yunzeng Wang:
Option and forward contracting with asymmetric information: Valuation issues in supply chains.
- Victor V. Podinovski, Finn R. Førsund, Vladimir E. Krivonozhko:
A simple derivation of scale elasticity in data envelopment analysis.
- Min Zhang, Selçuk Savas, Rajan Batta, Rakesh Nagi:
Facility placement with sub-aisle design in an existing layout.
- Daniel Scholz, Anita Petrick, Wolfgang Domschke:
STaTS: A Slicing Tree and Tabu Search based heuristic for the unequal area facility layout problem.
Innovative Applications of O.R.
- Yakov Ben-Haim:
Info-gap forecasting and the advantage of sub-optimal models.
- Hui Li, Jie Sun:
Hybridizing principles of the Electre method with case-based reasoning for data mining: Electre-CBR-I and Electre-CBR-II.
- Kebing Chen, Tiaojun Xiao:
Demand disruption and coordination of the supply chain with a dominant retailer.
- Eduardo Conde:
A minmax regret approach to the critical path method with task interval times.
Interfaces with Other Disciplines
- Kaoru Tone, Miki Tsutsui:
Network DEA: A slacks-based measure approach.
- Young-Hwan Kim, Pete Bettinger, Mark Finney:
Spatial optimization of the pattern of fuel management activities and subsequent effects on simulated wildfires.
- Jian-Cai Wang, Hon-Shiang Lau, Amy Hing Ling Lau:
When should a manufacturer share truthful manufacturing cost information with a dominant retailer?
- Cláudia S. Sarrico, Pedro N. Teixeira, Maria J. Rosa, Margarida F. Cardoso:
Subject mix and productivity in Portuguese universities.
- Márton Drótos, Gábor Erdös, Tamás Kis:
Computing lower and upper bounds for a large-scale industrial job shop scheduling problem.
- Juan Carlos Muñoz, Diego Molina:
A multi-unit tender award process: The case of Transantiago.
- Wade D. Cook, Joe Zhu:
Piecewise linear output measures in DEA (third revision).
- Ricardo García-Ródenas, Ángel Marín:
Simultaneous estimation of the origin-destination matrices and the parameters of a nested logit model in a combined network equilibrium model.
- Jean-Philippe Boussemart, Walter Briec, Nicolas Peypoch, Christophe Tavéra:
alpha-Returns to scale and multi-output production technologies.
- Ekaterina V. Karniouchina, William L. Moore, Bo van der Rhee, Rohit Verma:
Issues in the use of ratings-based versus choice-based conjoint analysis in operations management research.
- Gabor Pauler, Minakshi Trivedi, Dinesh K. Gauri:
Assessing store performance models.
- Arnim Wiek, Alexander I. Walter:
A transdisciplinary approach for formalized integrated planning and decision-making in complex systems.
- Yah-Wei Chen, Tai-Hsin Huang:
The LeChatelier principle in a DEA model.
- Gary M. Erickson:
An oligopoly model of dynamic advertising competition.
- Yongjun Li, Feng Yang, Liang Liang, Zhongsheng Hua:
Allocating the fixed cost as a complement of other cost inputs: A DEA approach.
- Nicolas Glady, Bart Baesens, Christophe Croux:
Modeling churn using customer lifetime value.
September 2009 Invited Review
Manufacturing and Logistics
- D. Fortin, I. Tseveendorj:
A trust branching path heuristic for zero-one programming.
- Yurij Stoyan, A. Chugay:
Packing cylinders and rectangular parallelepipeds with distances between them into a given region.
- Shimon Abravaya, Michael Segal:
Low complexity algorithms for optimal consumer push-pull partial covering in the plane.
- F. Höfferl, D. Steinschorn:
A dynamic programming extension to the steady state refinery-LP.
- Ching-Jong Liao, Chien-Wen Chao, Chien-Hung Lin:
Minimizing the sum of job completion times on capacitated two-parallel machines.
- Nelishia Pillay, Wolfgang Banzhaf:
A study of heuristic combinations for hyper-heuristic systems for the uncapacitated examination timetabling problem.
- Doreen Krüger, Armin Scholl:
A heuristic solution framework for the resource constrained (multi-)project scheduling problem with sequence-dependent transfer times.
- Arif Imran, Said Salhi, Niaz A. Wassan:
A variable neighborhood-based heuristic for the heterogeneous fleet vehicle routing problem.
- Ai-Fan Ling, Cheng-Xian Xu, Feng-Min Xu:
A discrete filled function algorithm embedded with continuous approximation for solving max-cut problems.
- Olivier Marchetti, Alix Munier Kordon:
A sufficient condition for the liveness of weighted event graphs.
- Andrea Grosso, A. R. M. J. U. Jamali, Marco Locatelli:
Finding maximin latin hypercube designs by Iterated Local Search heuristics.
Stochastics and Statistics
- Desheng Wu, Opher Baron, Oded Berman:
Bargaining in competing supply chains with uncertainty.
- A. Tatarakis, I. Minis:
Stochastic single vehicle routing with a predefined customer sequence and multiple depot returns.
- Diamantidis C. Alexandros, Papadopoulos T. Chrissoleon:
Exact analysis of a two-workstation one-buffer flow line with parallel unreliable machines.
- Wan-ting Hu, Seung-Lae Kim, Avijit Banerjee:
An inventory model with partial backordering and unit backorder cost linearly increasing with the waiting time.
- Salil Pradhan, Purushothaman Damodaran:
Performance characterization of complex manufacturing systems with general distributions and job failures.
- Karthik Sourirajan, Leyla Ozsen, Reha Uzsoy:
A genetic algorithm for a single product network design model with lead time and safety stock considerations.
- Robert Handfield, Don Warsing, Xinmin Wu:
(Q, r) Inventory policies in a fuzzy uncertain supply chain environment.
- Hui-Ming Wee, Chien-Chung Lo, Ping-Hui Hsu:
A multi-objective joint replenishment inventory model of deteriorated items in a fuzzy environment.
Innovative Applications of O.R.
- Shaoyuan Li, Chaofang Hu:
Satisfying optimization method based on goal programming for fuzzy multiple objective optimization problem.
- Julián Molina Luque, Luis V. Santana-Quintero, Alfredo García Hernández-Díaz, Carlos A. Coello Coello, Rafael Caballero:
g-dominance: Reference point based dominance for multiobjective metaheuristics.
- Wei-Guo Zhang, Xi-Li Zhang, Wei-Lin Xiao:
Portfolio selection under possibilistic mean-variance utility and a SMO algorithm.
- Kay Chen Tan, Swee Chiang Chiam, Abdullah Al Mamun, Chi Keong Goh:
Balancing exploration and exploitation with adaptive variation for evolutionary multi-objective optimization.
Interfaces with Other Disciplines
- Bonifacio Llamazares, Teresa Peña:
Preference aggregation and DEA: An analysis of the methods proposed to discriminate efficient candidates.
- Jie Wu, Liang Liang, Feng Yang:
Achievement and benchmarking of countries at the Summer Olympics using cross efficiency evaluation method.
- Herbert F. Lewis, Kathleen A. Lock, Thomas R. Sexton:
Organizational capability, efficiency, and effectiveness in Major League Baseball: 1901-2002.
- Marta Anna Krajewska, Herbert Kopfer:
Transportation planning in freight forwarding companies: Tabu search algorithm for the integrated operational transportation planning problem.
- Emma Kushtina, Oleg Zaikin, Przemyslaw Rózewski, Bartlomiej Malachowski:
Cost estimation algorithm and decision-making model for curriculum modification in educational organization.
- Ian Davidson, Giri Kumar Tayi:
Data preparation using data quality matrices for classification mining.
- Kevin P. Scheibe, Cliff T. Ragsdale:
A model for the capacitated, hop-constrained, per-packet wireless mesh network design problem.
- Jinxing Xie, Jerry C. Wei:
Coordinating advertising and pricing in a manufacturer-retailer channel.
- John McDonald:
Using least squares and tobit in second stage DEA efficiency analyses.
- Henry Schellhorn:
A double-sided multiunit combinatorial auction for substitutes: Theory and algorithms.
- Bin Gao, Ming-Fang Ni:
A note on article "The evidential reasoning approach for multiple attribute decision analysis using interval belief degrees".
- Ying-Ming Wang:
Reply to the note on article "The evidential reasoning approach for multiple attribute decision analysis using interval belief degrees".
- Nils Boysen, Malte Fliedner, Armin Scholl:
The product rate variation problem and its relevance in real world mixed-model assembly lines.
- Dehua Xu, Yunqiang Yin, Hongxing Li:
A note on "scheduling of nonresumable jobs and flexible maintenance activities on a single machine to minimize makespan".
- Marc Jegers:
Applying cost minimization techniques to hospitals: A comment.
- Li-Ning Xing, Ying-Wu Chen, Ke-Wei Yang:
A novel mutation operator based on the immunity operation.
- Ion Georgiou:
A graph-theoretic perspective on the links-to-concepts ratio expected in cognitive maps.
- Bruno Bachelet, Christophe Duhamel:
Aggregation approach for the minimum binary cost tension problem.
- Sondoss El Sawah, Alan McLucas:
Complex Decision Making: Theory and Practice, Edited by H. Qudrat-Ullah, J.M. Spector, P.I. Davidsen (Eds.). Springer (2007).
- Daniel Baraz, Gur Mosheiov:
Erratum to "A note on a greedy heuristic for flow-shop makespan minimization with no machine idle-time" [European Journal of Operational Research, 184 (2) (2008), 810-813].
September 2009 Feature Cluster:
Revenue Management and Dynamic Pricing
Operational Research Models and Methods in the Energy Sector
- Yuri Levin, Jeff McGill:
Introduction to the special issue on revenue management and dynamic pricing.
- Dan Zhang, William L. Cooper:
Pricing substitutable flights in airline revenue management.
- Sirong Luo, Metin Çakanyildirim, Raja G. Kasilingam:
Two-dimensional cargo overbooking models.
- Huseyin Topaloglu:
On the asymptotic optimality of the randomized linear program for network revenue management.
- Zümbül Bulut, Ülkü Gürler, Alper Sen:
Bundle pricing of inventories with stochastic demand.
- Idriss Maoui, Hayriye Ayhan, Robert D. Foley:
Optimal static pricing for a service facility with holding costs.
- Subodha Kumar, Suresh P. Sethi:
Dynamic pricing and advertising for web content providers.
- A. Dasci, M. Karakul:
Two-period dynamic versus fixed-ratio pricing in a capacity constrained duopoly.
- Kyle Y. Lin, Soheil Y. Sibdari:
Dynamic price competition with discrete customer choices.
- Changhyun Kwon, Terry L. Friesz, Reetabrata Mookherjee, Tao Yao, Baichun Feng:
Non-cooperative competition among revenue maximizing service providers with demand learning.
Management and Control of Production Systems
- Carlos Henggeler Antunes, Alvaro Gomes:
Operational research models and methods in the energy sector.
- Alireza Tehrani Nejad Moghaddam, Christian Michelot:
A contribution to the linear programming approach to joint cost allocation: Methodology and application.
- Eduardo M. Gouveia, Manuel A. Matos:
Symmetric AC fuzzy power flow model.
- Jean Andre, Frédéric Bonnans, Laurent Cornibert:
Optimization of capacity expansion planning for gas transportation networks.
- Steven A. Gabriel, Jifang Zhuang, Ruud Egging:
Solving stochastic complementarity problems in energy market modeling using scenario reduction.
- Georg C. Pflug, Nikola Broussev:
Electricity swing options: Behavioral models and pricing.
- Eugeniusz Toczylowski, Izabela Zóltowska:
A new pricing scheme for a multi-period pool-based electricity auction.
- Katharina Kowalski, Sigrid Stagl, Reinhard Madlener, Ines Omann:
Sustainable energy futures: Methodological challenges in combining scenarios and participatory multi-criteria analysis.
- Espen Løken, Audun Botterud, Arne T. Holen:
Use of the equivalent attribute technique in multi-criteria planning of local energy systems.
- Reinhard Madlener, Carlos Henggeler Antunes, Luis C. Dias:
Assessing the performance of biogas plants with multi-criteria and data envelopment analysis.
- Hongliang Yang, Michael Pollitt:
Incorporating both undesirable outputs and uncontrollable variables into DEA: The performance of Chinese coal-fired power plants.
Copyright © Mon Nov 2 21:35:33 2009
by Michael Ley (email@example.com)
- El Houssaine Aghezzaf, Marino Widmer:
Feature issue in management and control of production systems.
- Evren Sahin, Yves Dallery:
Assessing the impact of inventory inaccuracies within a Newsvendor framework.
- Alexandre Dolgui, I. Ihnatsenka:
Branch and bound algorithm for a transfer line design problem: Stations with sequentially activated multi-spindle heads.
- Jean-Sébastien Tancrez, Pierre Semal, Philippe Chevalier:
Histogram based bounds and approximations for production lines.
- V. Boschian, Nidhal Rezg, Anis Chelbi:
Contribution of simulation to the optimization of maintenance strategies for a randomly failing production system.
- Racem Mellouli, Cherif Sadfi, Chengbin Chu, Imed Kacem:
Identical parallel-machine scheduling under availability constraints to minimize the sum of completion times.
- Thibaut Lust, Olivier Roux, Fouad Riane:
Exact and heuristic methods for the selective maintenance problem.
- Boris Detienne, Laurent Péridy, Eric Pinson, David Rivreau:
Cut generation for an employee timetabling problem.
- Sara Morin, Caroline Gagné, Marc Gravel:
Ant colony optimization with a specialized pheromone trail for the car-sequencing problem.
- Bchira Ben Mabrouk, Hamadi Hasni, Zaher Mahjoub:
On a parallel genetic-tabu search based algorithm for solving the graph colouring problem.