28. PODC 2009:
Canada Srikanta Tirthapura, Lorenzo Alvisi (Eds.):
Proceedings of the 28th Annual ACM Symposium on Principles of Distributed Computing, PODC 2009, Calgary, Alberta, Canada, August 10-12, 2009.
ACM 2009, ISBN 978-1-60558-396-9
Invited session on industrial applications of algorithms
- Aleksandar Dragojevic, Rachid Guerraoui, Anmol V. Singh, Vasu Singh:
Preventing versus curing: avoiding conflicts in transactional memories.
- Marcos Kawazoe Aguilera, Idit Keidar, Dahlia Malkhi, Alexander Shraer:
Dynamic atomic storage without consensus.
- Danny Hendler, Philipp Woelfel:
Randomized mutual exclusion in O(log N / log log N) RMRs.
- James Aspnes, Hagit Attiya, Keren Censor:
Max registers, counters, and monotone circuits.
- Shlomi Dolev, Seth Gilbert, Rachid Guerraoui, Fabian Kuhn, Calvin C. Newport:
The wireless synchronization problem.
- Chen Avin, Yuval Emek, Erez Kantor, Zvi Lotker, David Peleg, Liam Roditty:
SINR diagrams: towards algorithmically usable SINR models of wireless networks.
- Johannes Schneider, Roger Wattenhofer:
Coloring unstructured wireless multi-hop networks.
- Alexander Fanghänel, Thomas Keßelheim, Harald Räcke, Berthold Vöcking:
Oblivious interference scheduling.
- Baruch Awerbuch, Zhenghua Fu, Rohit Khandekar:
Brief announcement: Stateless distributed algorithms for generalized packing linear programs.
- Eric Koskinen, Maurice Herlihy:
Brief announcement: concurrent non-commutative boosted transactions.
- R. K. Shyamasundar, Shivali Agarwal:
Brief announcement: distributed phase synchronization of dynamic set of processes.
- Andreas Dielacher, Matthias Függer, Ulrich Schmid:
Brief announcement: how to speed-up fault-tolerant clock generation in VLSI systems-on-chip via pipelining.
- Arpita Patra, Ashish Choudhary, C. Pandu Rangan:
Brief announcement: perfectly secure message transmission in directed networks re-visited.
- Damien Imbs, José Ramón González de Mendívil, Michel Raynal:
Brief announcement: virtual world consistency: a new condition for STM systems.
- Alex Kipnis, Boaz Patt-Shamir:
Brief announcement: a note on distributed stable matching.
- Pietro Michiardi, Carla-Fabiana Chiasserini, Claudio Casetti, Chi-Anh La, Marco Fiore:
On a selfish caching game.
- Joffroy Beauquier, Janna Burman, Julien Clement, Shay Kutten:
Brief announcement: non-self-stabilizing and self-stabilizing gathering in networks of mobile agents--the notion of speed.
- Carole Delporte-Gallet, Hugues Fauconnier, Rachid Guerraoui, Andreas Tielmann:
The disagreement power of an adversary: extended abstract.
- Antonio Fernández Anta, Sergio Rajsbaum, Corentin Travers:
Brief announcement: weakest failure detectors via an egg-laying simulation.
- Jinyao Yan, Martin May, Bernhard Plattner:
Brief announcement: optimization based rate allocation for application layer multicast.
- Noah Paul Evans, Eric Van Hensbergen:
Brief announcement: PUSH, a DISC shell.
- Yoann Dieudonné, Shlomi Dolev, Franck Petit, Michael Segal:
Brief announcement: deaf, dumb, and chatting robots.
- Prasant Gopal, Anuj Gupta, Pranav K. Vasishta, Piyush Bansal, Kannan Srinathan:
Brief announcement: global consistency can be easier than point-to-point communication.
- Leslie Lamport, Dahlia Malkhi, Lidong Zhou:
Vertical paxos and primary-backup replication.
- Pranav K. Vasishta, Prasant Gopal, Anuj Gupta, Piyush Bansal, K. Srinathan:
Brief announcement: topology knowledge affects probabilistic reliable communication.
- Matthieu Roy, Marc-Olivier Killijian:
Brief announcement: a platform for experimenting with mobile algorithms in a laboratory.
Copyright © Mon Nov 2 21:03:36 2009
by Michael Ley (email@example.com)
- Fabian Kuhn, Nancy A. Lynch, Calvin C. Newport:
Brief announcement: hardness of broadcasting in wireless networks with unreliable communication.
- Yi Gu, Qishi Wu, Anne Benoit, Yves Robert:
Brief announcement: complexity analysis and algorithm design for pipeline configuration in distributed networks.
- Hirotada Kobayashi, Keiji Matsumoto, Seiichiro Tani:
Brief announcement: exactly electing a unique leader is not harder than computing symmetric functions on anonymous quantum networks.
- Alptekin Küpçü, Anna Lysyanskaya:
Brief announcement: impossibility results for optimistic fair exchange with multiple autonomous arbiters.
- John R. Douceur, James W. Mickens, Thomas Moscibroda, Debmalya Panigrahi:
Brief announcement: collaborative measurement of upload speeds in P2P systems.
- Yuval Emek, Amos Korman:
Brief announcement: new bounds for the controller problem.