10. ASSETS 2008:
Canada Simon Harper, Armando Barreto (Eds.):
Proceedings of the 10th International ACM SIGACCESS Conference on Computers and Accessibility, ASSETS 2008, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, October 13-15, 2008.
ACM 2008, ISBN 978-1-59593-976-0
- Ron Baecker:
Designing technology to aid cognition.
Cognition and memory (I)
Cognition and memory (II)
- Darren Lunn, Sean Bechhofer, Simon Harper:
A user evaluation of the SADIe transcoder.
- Yevgen Borodin, Jeffrey P. Bigham, Rohit Raman, I. V. Ramakrishnan:
What's new?: making web page updates accessible.
- Shinya Kawanaka, Yevgen Borodin, Jeffrey P. Bigham, Darren Lunn, Hironobu Takagi, Chieko Asakawa:
Accessibility commons: a metadata infrastructure for web accessibility.
Games and gaming
Posters and system demonstrations
- Jinjuan Feng, Shaojian Zhu, Ruimin Hu, Andrew Sears:
Speech technology in real world environment: early results from a long term study.
- Mike A. Oren, Chris Harding, Terri L. Bonebright:
Evaluation of spatial abilities within a 2D auditory platform game.
- Maria Galofré, Julià Minguillón:
Identifying pedagogical, technological and organizational barriers in virtual learning environments.
- Yao-Jen Chang, Hung-Huan Liu, Shu-Min Peng, Tsen-Yung Wang:
Potential of mobile social networks as assistive technology: a case study in supported employment for people with severe mental illness.
- Vladimir A. Kulyukin, John Nicholson, Daniel Coster:
Shoptalk: toward independent shopping by people with visual impairments.
- Sonia Arteaga, Jessica Chevalier, Andrew Coile, Andrew William Hill, Serdar Sali, Sangheeta Sudhakhrisnan, Sri Hastuti Kurniawan:
Low-cost accelerometry-based posture monitoring system for stroke survivors.
- Rosella Gennari, Ornella Mich:
Evaluation of an intelligent e-tool for deaf children: extended abstract.
- Miki Namatame, Muneo Kitajima:
Suitable representations of hyperlinks for deaf persons: an eye-tracking study.
- Richard A. Frost, Ali Karaki, David A. Dufour, Josh Greig, Rahmatullah Hafiz, Yue Shi, Shawn Daichendt, Shahriar Chandon, Justin Barolak, Randy J. Fortier:
MySpeechWeb: software to facilitate the construction and deployment of speech applications on the web.
- Muhanad S. Manshad, Ahmad S. Manshad:
Multimodal vision glove for touchscreens.
- Xiaojuan Ma, Perry R. Cook:
Creating and evaluating a video vocabulary for communicating verbs for different age groups.
- Cagatay Goncu, Kim Marriott:
Tactile chart generation tool.
- Amir Teymourian, Thorsten Lueth, Axel Graeser, Torsten Felzer, Rainer Nordmann:
Brain-controlled finite state machine for wheelchair navigation.
- Toshiyuki Gotoh, Reiko Minamikawa-Tachino, Naoyoshi Tamura:
A web-based braille translation for digital music scores.
- Cristina Manresa-Yee, Javier Varona, Francisco J. Perales López, Francesca Negre, Joan Jordi Muntaner:
Experiences using a hands-free interface.
- Florian Dramas, Bernard Oriola, Brian G. Katz, Simon J. Thorpe, Christophe Jouffrais:
Designing an assistive device for the blind based on object localization and augmented auditory reality.
- Chris Benjamin, Jesse Harris, Alex Moncrief, Gail Ramsberger, Clayton Lewis:
Naming practice on an open platform for people with aphasia.
- Nubia M. Gil, Nicolas A. Hine, John L. Arnott:
Stakeholder involvement in the design and development of a domestic well-being indicator system.
- Armando Barreto, Ying Gao, Malek Adjouadi:
Pupil diameter measurements: untapped potential to enhance computer interaction for eye tracker users?
- Olivier Venard, Geneviève Baudoin, Gérard Uzan:
Experiment and evaluation of the RAMPE interactive auditive information system for the mobility of blind people in public transport.
- Miltiades Papadopoulos, Elaine Pearson:
Accessible lectures: moving towards automatic speech recognition models based on human methods.
- George Papadopoulos, Elaine Pearson, Steve Green:
Effective simulations to support academics in inclusive online learning design.
- Zahoor Zafrulla, John Etherton, Thad Starner:
TTY phone: direct, equal emergency access for the deaf.
- Debra Yarrington, Kathleen F. McCoy:
Creating an automatic question answering text skimming system for non-visual readers.
- Valerie Henderson-Summet, Kimberly Weaver, Tracy L. Westeyn, Thad Starner:
American sign language vocabulary: computer aided instruction for non-signers.
- Masahiro Bessho, Shinsuke Kobayashi, Noboru Koshizuka, Ken Sakamura:
Assisting mobility of the disabled using space-identifying ubiquitous infrastructure.
- David Hayden, Dirk Colbry, John A. Black Jr., Sethuraman Panchanathan:
Enabling the legally blind in classroom note-taking.
- Thomas de Wolf, Dirk W. H. Gooren, Jean-Bernard Martens:
Context aware documenting for aphasics.
- Nitendra Rajput, Sheetal K. Agarwal, Arun Kumar, Amit Anil Nanavati:
An alternative information web for visually impaired users in developing countries.
- Volodymyr Ivanchenko, James Coughlan, William Gerrey, Huiying Shen:
Computer vision-based clear path guidance for blind wheelchair users.
- Julio Abascal, Borja Bonail, Álvaro Marco, Roberto Casas, José Luis Sevillano:
AmbienNet: an intelligent environment to support people with disabilities and elderly people.
- Amal Dar Aziz, Chris Warren, Hayden Bursk, Sean Follmer:
The flote: an instrument for people with limited mobility.
- Anandi Pendse, Michael Pate, Bruce N. Walker:
The accessible aquarium: identifying and evaluating salient creature features for sonification.
- Michael J. Astrauskas, John A. Black Jr., Sethuraman Panchanathan:
A demonstration of phototacs: a simple image-based phone dialing interface for people with cognitive or visual impairments.
Microsoft student research competition
Copyright © Mon Nov 2 20:20:58 2009
by Michael Ley (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Wan Chih Chang:
CATPro: context-aware task prompting system with multiple modalities for individuals with cognitive impairments.
- Tianyi Chen:
Input to the mobile web is situationally-impaired.
- Xu Liu:
A camera phone based currency reader for the visually impaired.
- Yevgen Borodin:
Automation of repetitive web browsing tasks with voice-enabled macros.
- Nubia M. Gil:
Lessons from an evaluation of a domestic well-being indicator system.
- Mohammed E. Hoque:
Analysis of speech properties of neurotypicals and individuals diagnosed with autism and down.
- Seniz Demir:
TAIG: textually accessible information graphics.
- Keith Trnka:
Adapting word prediction to subject matter without topic-labeled data.
- Michael J. Astrauskas:
Phototacs: an image-based cell phone interface.