South Africa Johann van der Schijff, Gary Marsden (Eds.):
Proceedings of the Conference on Designing Interactive Systems, Cape Town, South Africa, February 25-27, 2008.
ACM 2008, ISBN 978-1-60558-002-9
Copyright © Mon Nov 2 20:17:27 2009
by Michael Ley (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Lisa P. Nathan, Batya Friedman, Predrag V. Klasnja, Shaun K. Kane, Jessica K. Miller:
Envisioning systemic effects on persons and society throughout interactive system design.
- Alistair G. Sutcliffe, Abdallah Namoune:
Getting the message across: visual attention, aesthetic design and what users remember.
- Peter Dalsgård:
Designing for inquisitive use.
- Tim Jay, Danae Stanton Fraser:
The role of a cohort in the design and evaluation of pervasive systems.
- Elin Rønby Pedersen, Greg Wolff:
Paper interface to electronic medical records: a case of usage-driven technology appropriation.
- Yann Riche, Matthew Simpson, Stephen Viller:
Zebra: exploring users' engagement in fieldwork.
- Matthew Kam, Aishvarya Agarwal, Anuj Kumar, Siddhartha Lal, Akhil Mathur, Anuj Tewari, John F. Canny:
Designing e-learning games for rural children in India: a format for balancing learning with fun.
- Deborah G. Tatar, Joon-Suk Lee, Nouf Alaloula:
Playground games: a design strategy for supporting and understanding coordinated activity.
- Steve Hinske, Marc Langheinrich, Matthias Lampe:
Towards guidelines for designing augmented toy environments.
- Nicola J. Bidwell, Peta-Marie Standley, Tommy George, Vicus Steffensen:
The landscape's apprentice: lessons for place-centred design from grounding documentary.
- Jörn Messeter, Michael Johansson:
Place-specific computing: conceptual design cases from urban contexts in four countries.
- Edward Tse, Saul Greenberg, Chia Shen, Clifton Forlines, Ryo Kodama:
Exploring true multi-user multimodal interaction over a digital table.
- Ellie Harmon, Nancy J. Nersessian:
Cognitive partnerships on the bench top: designing to support scientific researchers.
- Russell Beale:
Supporting cooperative teamwork: information, action and communication in sailing.
- André Wilson Brotto Furtado, Taciana Pontual Falcão, Alex Sandro Gomes, Carlos Eduardo, Monteiro Rodrigues, Roberto Sonnino:
e-du box: educational multimedia with tangible-enhanced interaction.
- John Williamson, Lorna M. Brown:
Flutter: directed random browsing of photo collections with a tangible interface.
- Julia Frederking, Michael Cruz, Mark Baskinger, Kees C. J. Overbeeke:
Beyond the screen: designing immersive collaborative experiences for children through digital and physical interaction.
- Maria Håkansson, Lalya Gaye:
Bringing context to the foreground: designing for creative engagement in a novel still camera application.
- Mark Bilandzic, Marcus Foth, Alexander De Luca:
CityFlocks: designing social navigation for urban mobile information systems.
- Sebastian Denef, Leonardo Ramirez, Tobias Dyrks, Gunnar Stevens:
Handy navigation in ever-changing spaces: an ethnographic study of firefighting practices.
- Kunmi Otitoju, Steve R. Harrison:
Interaction as a component of meaning-making.
- Lucian Leahu, Jennifer Thom-Santelli, Claudia Pederson, Phoebe Sengers:
Taming the situationist beast.
- Mie Nørgaard, Rune Thaarup Høegh:
Evaluating usability: using models of argumentation to improve persuasiveness of usability feedback.
- Lene Mailund, Kim Halskov:
Designing marketing experiences.
- Cara Winterbottom, Edwin H. Blake:
Constructivism, virtual reality and tools to support design.
- Volker Paelke, Karsten Nebe:
Integrating agile methods for mixed reality design space exploration.
- Michael Nunes, Saul Greenberg, Carman Neustaedter:
Sharing digital photographs in the home through physical mementos, souvenirs, and keepsakes.
- Laurel Swan, Alex S. Taylor:
Photo displays in the home.
- Richard H. R. Harper, Dave Randall, Nicola Smyth, C. Evans, L. Heledd, R. Moore:
The past is a different place: they do things differently there.
- William H. Edmondson, Russell Beale:
Projected cognition: capturing intent in descriptions of complex interaction.
- Stan Ruecker, Milena Radzikowska:
The iterative design of a project charter for interdisciplinary research.
- Jason B. Ellis, Kurt Luther, Katherine Bessière, Wendy A. Kellogg:
Games for virtual team building.
- Norman Makoto Su, Gloria Mark:
Designing for nomadic work.
- Diane K. Davies, Hein F. Vosloo, Suresh Santhana Vannan, Philip E. Frost:
Near real-time fire alert system in South Africa: from desktop to mobile service.
- Amanda Williams, Ken Anderson, Paul Dourish:
Anchored mobilities: mobile technology and transnational migration.
- Johanna Brewer, Scott D. Mainwaring, Paul Dourish:
- Geoffrey Shea:
Art, design, education and research in pursuit of interactive experiences.
- Eric Paulos, Tom Jenkins, August Joki, Parul Vora:
Objects of wonderment.
- Orland Hoeber, Xue Dong Yang:
Evaluating the effectiveness of term frequency histograms for supporting interactive web search tasks.
- Matt Jones, Will Harwood, David Bainbridge, George Buchanan, David M. Frohlich, Dorothy Rachovides, Maxine Frank, Mounia Lalmas:
"Narrowcast yourself": designing for community storytelling in a rural Indian context.
- Lara Schibelsky G. Piccolo, Maria Cecília Calani Baranauskas:
Understanding iDTV in a developing country and designing a T-gov application prototype.
- Daniel C. Robbins, Bongshin Lee, Roland Fernandez:
TapGlance: designing a unified smartphone interface.
- Wolfgang Hürst, Georg Götz:
Interface designs for pen-based mobile video browsing.
- Tatsuo Nakajima, Vili Lehdonvirta, Eiji Tokunaga, Hiroaki Kimura:
Reflecting human behavior to motivate desirable lifestyle.
- Alessia Rullo:
Opening the design space: the soft set of requirements.
- Lucian Leahu, Steve Schwenk, Phoebe Sengers:
Subjective objectivity: negotiating emotional meaning.
- David G. Hendry, Batya Friedman:
Theories and practice of design for information systems: eight design perspectives in ten short weeks.
- Jakob Tholander, Klas Karlgren, Robert Ramberg, Per Sökjer:
Where all the interaction is: sketching in interaction design as an embodied practice.
- Erika Shehan Poole, Marshini Chetty, Rebecca E. Grinter, W. Keith Edwards:
More than meets the eye: transforming the user experience of home network management.
- Adrian David Cheok, Roger Thomas Kok Chuen Tan, Owen Noel Newton Fernando, Tim Robert Merritt, Janyn Yen Ping Sen:
Empathetic living media.